From Soup Galore by Elisabeth Luard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Salt the salmon steaks and set them aside.
- 2Put half of the potatoes in the bottom of a heavy saucepan, cover with the sliced onion and top with the other half of potatoes. Cover the potatoes with boiling water and add one teaspoon of salt.
- 3Bring the pan to a boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Five minutes before the cooking time is done, lay the salmon steaks on top of the potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Return the soup to a boil and cover. The fish will cook thru in 5 minutes. Stir in the chives.
- 5To make the butter sauce, melt the butter in a pan and stir in the vinegar and hardboiled chopped eggs.
- 6Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the butter sauce.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Tweed Kettle
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.1
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 239.5 mg
- Sodium 410.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 27.8 g