Prep 2 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted by request - "A Scottish diabetic's nightmare!"
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups water
- 5 lbs extra finely granulated sugar (For a fuller texture, use 2½ lbs. extra fine, 2½ lbs. granulated)
- 1 (1 lb) can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter on low heat in water in a deep saucepan.
- Add sugar and bring to boil, stirring slowly all the time.
- When boiling, add condensed milk and simmer, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Stop stirring when all bubbles vanish (excess moisture has now gone).
- Take off the heat and add any flavouring of your choice.
- Beat well for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour into a greased rectangular cookie sheet or rectangular pan.
- When cold, knife out and cut into bite-size cubes.
- Wrap in waxed paper to store.