Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe posted by request. The original poster is Caroline Seawright and she gives credit to "Maggie."
- Place sugar, milk, and butter into a large saucepan and bring to a SLOW boil.
- SLOWLY boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 tin condensed milk and boil SLOWLY for another 5 minutes.
- Test a teaspoon full in a cup of cold water.
- If it forms at the bottom of the cup it's ready.
- Take off heat and beat until it thickens and is sugary.
- Pour into a greased tray and cut into squares.
- Let stand at room temp overnight.