Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - Great Britain
Top Review by CJAY
Wonderful roast! I used a roast that was marinated in Cabernet and peppercorns. I used beef broth in place of the water. I roasted the meat as directed with the veggies for 3 hours and let it rest while I made the gravy. It was so tender with the long slow cooking. We devoured all but about 1 inch of it. I served it with the gravy, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Also had a small loaf of cheese bread. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
- 3 lbs english-cut roast or 3 lbs chuck roast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse roast and put in a covered roaster with about 1/2 cup water.
- Add onions, carrots and celery. Salt and pepper roast. Cover roaster with lid.
- The secret of a very tender roast is to cook it slow at 275° for 3 hours, until tender and roast falls apart.
- When cooked, you can make gravy from drippings , if desired.