Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You don’t need to buy expensive salmon paté in delicates shops. This easy recipe is wonderful and really very fast to prepare.
- Place salmon, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, Worcestershire and red pepper flakes if used in a bowl.
- Blend until you will get a smooth paste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, blend shortly.
- In another bowl beat the cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold cream into the salmon paste and spoon in a nice bowl.
- Top with some red pepper flakes if desired.
- Chill for at least 2 hours until serving.
I served this as an nibbly as part of our Christmas day lunch and it was thoroughly enjoyed by all, thank you awalde for a lovely and super easy recipe, made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
Just mixed this up for guest arriving tomorrow night . . . followed your recipe with the exception added a healthy teaspoon of horseradish instead of the red pepper. Think next time I'll also add some dill. Very Yummy!
Made for ZWT-8, we loved your recipe & I knew we would. Any recipe w/the words "smoked salmon" in its title is a sure bet to be a twissis-magnet. You're right that it's wonderful & fast. Being able to make it ahead was a plus for me too as I actually made it Fri nite for our lunch Sat when we knew we'd be eating heavily at a party last nite. I did leave out the red pepper flakes & use a generous shake (prob 2-3) of Tabasco. I also didn't add salt as smoked salmon is salty by nature & DH is salt-restricted. I amended the prep slightly by using my "stick-blender" in a lrg wide-mouth jar to combine all ingredients, which made for easy storage in the fridge til we were ready to indulge ourselves. This is company-worthy, delicious & worth all of its 5 stars (& then some). Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :)