Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Shortbread goes so nicely with tea at a tea party. These will be made small so they are just right for tiny hands.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla till well-blended.
- Add the flour one cup at a time.
- On a floured surface, roll out to 1/4" to 1/2" thick.
- With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 2" squares.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and prick top of cookies with a fork.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or till bottom is golden and top is light in color.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in air tight container.