Recipe by m0m
My grandma brought this recipe with her from Scotland in 1907. It is wonderful.
Top Review by Just J
I enjoyed this recipe very much. I did however add a little shortening to the dough, because it was not forming well at all. I also halved the recipe because I only had 2 sticks of butter. However the finished product was fantastic and the dough easy to work once I added in the shortning. Thank you for a great recipe, it was just what I was looking for.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl by hand until it forms a large ball.
- Knead thoroughly on a bread board for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut into 5 pieces.
- Place each piece into a greased 8 or 9 inch cake pan.
- Press flat with heel of your hand and prick with fork to bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 mintes and immediately cut into triangles.