My grandma brought this recipe with her from Scotland in 1907. It is wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients in a bowl by hand until it forms a large ball.
- 2Knead thoroughly on a bread board for at least 5 minutes.
- 3Cut into 5 pieces.
- 4Place each piece into a greased 8 or 9 inch cake pan.
- 5Press flat with heel of your hand and prick with fork to bottom of pan.
- 6Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Cool 2 mintes and immediately cut into triangles.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 52.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g