Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Good sprinkled with a bit of sugar while warm.
- Pre heat oven to 275.
- Cream butter in large bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add flour gradually, kneading dough on work surface.
- When dough no longer sticks to surface, roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
- Arrange cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
i loved this recipe i made it with vanilla extract it was better that the other recipe on this thing
Very easy to make. A basic shortbread recipe that allows for additions of chef's personal choice: vanilla extract, lemon juice, ground nuts, etc. I lost my haggis shaped cookie cutter somewhere on the flight enroute to UK for the Virtual World Tour of Cooking, so I used a shamrock shaped cookie cutter to shape the shortbread. This is really good with Lemon Curd Recipe #102736.