Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a romance book I read back in 1999. Don't know the name of the book, but the recipe is fantastic.
- Blend all ingredients well. The dough will be stiff.
- Mash into a 9"x9" lightly buttered dish. Press evenly and firmly into entire baking dish. Prick top with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until pale golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.
- OPTIONAL: dust top with granulated sugar or dot with cinnamon hearts before baking.
- NOTE: I have used 1-2 tablespoons and mashed it into the bottom of a muffin tin and a bit up the sides. Added Rhubarb-Strawberry spread. Divine.
it's simple and have a good taste.My family like it.I have add almond esensse and eat shortbread warm with ice-cream.Mmmmm...yammy