Recipe by Dotty2
I got this recipe from a friend many years ago. It is the only shortbread I make.These are easy to make and have a wonderful taste. Whenever I take them somewhere at Christmas or often give them as a gift,I am always asked for the recipe.
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup fine sugar (berry, AKA bar sugar, extra finely ground granulated sugar)
- 1 lb butter (at room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients with pastry blender.
- (you can work the dough with your fingers until it becomes soft and pliable like smooth pastry) Divide dough into two balls.
- Roll out on floured counter to 3/8 thickness.
- Cut into Christmas shapes or rounds.
- Prick with a fork.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cookies will be light in color.