Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a friend many years ago. It is the only shortbread I make.These are easy to make and have a wonderful taste. Whenever I take them somewhere at Christmas or often give them as a gift,I am always asked for the recipe.
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup fine sugar (berry, AKA bar sugar, extra finely ground granulated sugar)
- 1 lb butter (at room temperature)
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients with pastry blender.
- (you can work the dough with your fingers until it becomes soft and pliable like smooth pastry) Divide dough into two balls.
- Roll out on floured counter to 3/8 thickness.
- Cut into Christmas shapes or rounds.
- Prick with a fork.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cookies will be light in color.
The dough is easy to work with. I like the flavor of these cookies though they are a bit on the dry side.
Have had this recipe passed my way years and years ago as well, seeing the reviews on your recipe had me make this wonderful shortbread for the holidays. Have to agree with your previous reviewers this is a fantastic shortbread recipe. Made as posted and wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Dotty for sharing, your recipes have been real winners here - this terrific shortbread has been added to my Holiday Cookbook.
10/10 for this one! If you're wondering how they turn out... How about almost identical the walkers brand. Easy to make and results are outstanding.