Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
originally a Pillsbury recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet. In med.
- bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; mix well.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On floured surface, gently knead dough 5 or 6 times.
- Place on greased cookie sheet; press into a 6" round, about 1" thick.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Cut into 8 wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for 20-30 minute.
- or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
My housemates get very excited when I tell them that I'm making these!
Very easy to make. The texture is a litte more cake-like maybe because of the oats and butter quantity. They weren't too sweet. Next time I'll use a bit more cinnamon and pat them out a little thicker. I think I made them too thin. Nice recipe Nancy. I will make these again.
These were pretty good .. the scones were small, next I'll make 6 instead of 8 .. thank you