Recipe by Mille®
This elegant recipe is by Jeff Bland, executive head chef of the Balmoral Hotel, Princess Street, Edinburgh.
- 1 3⁄4 ounces button mushrooms
- 5 fluid ounces olive oil
- 1 glass white wine
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 12 ounces salmon fillets, skin on and cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄2 cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 plum tomato, skinned and diced
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 sprigs dill, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- ----Forthe mushroom vinaigrette----.
- Warm half the olive oil with the white wine and vinegar, season and remove from heat.
- Place the mushrooms in the mixture, and allow to cool.
- ----Forthe salmon----.
- Brush the fillets with olive oil, season and place skin side up under a hot grill/broiler for about 3 minutes.
- ----Tofinish the dish----.
- Fry the onion and pepper until soft, and then season and increase the heat.
- Add the cabbage until cooked- but still crispy.
- Place the cabbage mixture in the centre of the serving dish.
- Top with the salmon, surround with diced tomato and mushroom vinaigrette.
- Garnish with dill.