1/1 Photo of Scottish Raspberry Buns
I am dedicating this delicious recipe to Barb Talkington, Barbara Mooers, Diana Neal, and Lennie, without whose advice and guidance I would never have been able to make them properly!
My Private Note
fruit b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 425°F or Mark 7.
- 2Grease and flour baking sheets.
- 3Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine.
- 4Add the sugar and the beaten egg with enough milk to make a fairly stiff consistency.
- 5Divide the mixture into about walnut-size balls and place on baking sheet, allowing space for them to spread slightly during cooking.
- 6Make a small hole in the centre of each bal1 and spoon in a little raspberry jam.
- 7Pinch the edges together again.
- 8Dust lightly with caster sugar.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350°F or Mark 4 and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- 10The buns should be light golden in colour.
- 11Cool on a wire rack.
- 12Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Raspberry Buns
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g