Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am dedicating this delicious recipe to Barb Talkington, Barbara Mooers, Diana Neal, and Lennie, without whose advice and guidance I would never have been able to make them properly!
- 8 ounces self-raising flour
- 4 ounces margarine
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- raspberry jam
- caster sugar (for dusting)
- Set oven to 425°F or Mark 7.
- Grease and flour baking sheets.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine.
- Add the sugar and the beaten egg with enough milk to make a fairly stiff consistency.
- Divide the mixture into about walnut-size balls and place on baking sheet, allowing space for them to spread slightly during cooking.
- Make a small hole in the centre of each bal1 and spoon in a little raspberry jam.
- Pinch the edges together again.
- Dust lightly with caster sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350°F or Mark 4 and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- The buns should be light golden in colour.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
These are EXTRA good!! Infact, if I could rate it 6 stars, I would! I made them yesterday, for my mother for Mother's Day - but we ate them ALL(!!), as my mother ended up in hospital, but will definately be making these very soon again! I'm sure she's going to love them as much as we do!
Every bit of it was how I imagined it to be......Fabulous!!! I followed the exact measurements,but i didnt need to use any milk,though I needed to use little bit extra flour...and also filled a few with belgian chocolate truffle sauce..Heavenly.....but only got 11 buns out of it:((( Will double reicpe next time...as my darling son of 2 wanted to eat them all...
My Granddaughter wanted to keep eating them as loved them so much. Going to try putting raspberries in middle next time to pretend its healthy. So easy to make.