Recipe by alleycatb
This is an aquired taste, it is very simple and very good for you, as well as being traditional. It is an aquired taste but oddly addictive. This is full of vitamins and very cheap easy winter comfort type food.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and chop potatoes (no need to peel them).
- Place them in a pot with 1 large handful of the dulse (red seaweed can be found near the fish section of most grocery stores and costs about $3).
- Cover with enough water to boil the potatoes without boiling away. The potato water is the stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are very soft and watery.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and pepper to taste and salt if necessary (dulse is very salty).
- It's ready to serve.