1/1 Photo of Scottish (Or English) Rarebit
Debbie R.'s Note:
We always eat this in the traditional Scottish style--over buttered toast--rather than the English or Welsh versions. Very yummy stuff. For the toast, use about 4 slices of a hearty, whole wheat bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the cheese, beer and butter over low heat, stirring, until it melts.
- 2Add mustard and a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- 3Meanwhile, be toasting bread.
- 4Pour sauce over toast and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish (Or English) Rarebit
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.2
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 1359.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 25.6 g