Recipe by **Jubes**
These are a traditional Scottish recipe. Like a cross between a pancake and a scone. They are made with ingredients that would be staples in the home
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 60 g margarine or 60 g butter
- 2 tablespoons treacle, golden syrup can be used as a substitute
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the oatmeal and sugar. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Using a saucepan or the microwave, gently melt the margarine and treacle together. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg and milk.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto a hot greased frying pan. Cook each drop scone until browned underneath and bubbling on top. Turn the scone and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with butter.