Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe about 15 years ago from The Scottish Lion, a country inn in North Conway, NH - alas, the inn no longer exists. I asked for the recipe when I checked out, and they handed it to me on a pre-printed sheet .... turns out everyone wanted the recipe after having them at breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 450* F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, flour through salt.
- Add melted butter, milk and egg to combined dry ingredients; mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in raisins.
- Shape dough to form a ball; pat out on lightly floured surface to form an 8 inch circle.
- Cut into 8 to 12 wedges.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet in 450* oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Combine cream cheese& heavy cream with a hand mixer to make devonshire cream.
- Serve warm with a dollop of devonshire cream topped w/some orange marmalade.
- Trust me- they're best this way.