Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
While these scones are great as part of breakfast, we enjoy them anytime throughout the day! The recipe is also an easy for one for making scones for the first time as the butter doesn't need to be cut in like many scone recipes call for. (I haven't tried substituting the olive oil yet, but Splenda instead of sugar works just fine!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add oatmeal to mix and stir.
- Stir melted butter in with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, mix soda and sour cream together.
- Add sour cream mixture to oat mixture.
- Roll or press mixture out into a circle or square on a floured surface until it is about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into your preferreed scone shape and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned.