Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a nice variation of a similar recipe that I posted about 3 months ago.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 cups chopped cabbage (1/2 large head)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- 1⁄3 cup milk (approximately)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes until tender; drain.
- Cook cabbage until tender; drain.
- Beat potatoes, butter and olives until smooth.
- Add milk to make fluffy texture (1/3 cup plus or minus).
- Add cabbage; beat well, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place in 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish, and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until cheese melts and mixture is hot, about 10 minutes.