Recipe by wmblair
Easy to make in 30 minutes.Freezes well. Serves 4 as starter or appetizer
Top Review by Tea Jenny
I absolutely love kippers and this was yummy, the whiskey gives it a nice extra wee Hummmmm!!! as we say here, I don't even like whiskey I know that is bad me being Scottish he, he, he, mind you DH makes up for me.
- 4 large herring fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- clarified butter
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill kippers 6-7 mins either side.
- When cool skin& and remove bones.
- Put in liquidiser with softened butter.
- Add lemon juice, whisky and black pepper and whisk to a smooth paste, Add cream worcestershire and tobasco and whisk briefly to mix.
- Transfer to small ramekins and cover with a thin layer of clarified butter.
- Chill till ready to use or freeze to use later.
- Serve with toast or crackers.