Scottish Kilkenney (A Different Version of Mashed Potatoes)
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1⁄2 small rutabaga, peeled and cut in cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Put potatoes and rutabaga into a pan of water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Add milk and butter; mash.
- Excellent served with Scottish Sunday-After-Church Roast Beef.
- Different variations could include: shredded carrots, chopped onions or shredded cabbage. These would be added to the potatoes or potatoes and rutabaga cooked together.