Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
ZWT6 - Great Britain
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1⁄2 small rutabaga, peeled and cut in cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Put potatoes and rutabaga into a pan of water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Add milk and butter; mash.
- Excellent served with Scottish Sunday-After-Church Roast Beef.
- Different variations could include: shredded carrots, chopped onions or shredded cabbage. These would be added to the potatoes or potatoes and rutabaga cooked together.
Well once I found a rutabaga, I made this for dinner when DD and SIL was over. Both DW and DD were OK with it but surprisingly SIL really liked this dish! Made just as stated for the 2010 football pool.
Really special mashed potatoes -- love the rutabaga. Made as written and served with Frikadellen (German Meat Patties), Sauted Mushrooms in Cream Sauce (German Style) and Ww Onion Gravy, Heavy on the Onions. Thanks for posting.
I've always like rutabaga and I had to try this recipe. I did half recipe. I steamed the potatoes and rutabaga and then mashed with unsalted butter and milk. I added fresh black pepper. Yum! Thanks Elaine :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT