Scones of a higher degree - bet you can't eat just one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl; stir to mix well.
- 3Add butter and cut in with a pastry cutter until mixture looks like fine granules.
- 4Add sugar, raisins and mix.
- 5Add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon and stir with a fork until soft dough forms.
- 6Form dough into a ball, put on a lightly floured board, and give 10 to 12 kneads.
- 7Roll out dough to a flat shape between ¼and ½ thick.
- 8Using a floured doughnut cutter, cut out 12 solid disks and 6 with a hole in the center.
- 9Place a solid disk on a greased cookie sheet.
- 10Place a disk with a hole on top and fill the hole with fruit.
- 11Cover with another solid disk and pinch edges to seal.
- 12Re-roll and cut scraps and repeat cutting until all dough is used.
- 13Bake for 12 14 minutes or until medium brown on top.
- 14Put on a wire rack and cool before serving.
- 15***Warning***the fruit filling is very hot fresh from the oven, always allow the scones to cool a few minutes before eating.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Fruit-Filled Scones
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.6
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 807.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: