Scottish "fried" Potatoes
- Melt butter/margarine in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Arrange sliced potatoes and onions in the skillet over the butter and sprinkle with salt, paprika, peppers, and parsley.
- Allow potato mixture to cook for a few minutes, turning to brown evenly. Potatoes should be just barely browned.
- Add the broth and the water to the skillet and cover tightly with a lid.
- Turn heat down to medium and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir several times during cooking to prevent potatoes from sticking.