Recipe by Brenda
This is a wonderful recipe and so easy to make! When I take it to brunch, it is very popular. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sgorra Bhreac
Dear Brenda Just a note - altohugh this is very much a Scottish recipe they are properly known as Scotch Eggs - something that we here in Scotland greatly dislike - Scotch being either a whisky or a mist!!- but that's the English for you! Comforting then to see you calling them Scottish Eggs, although Scots Eggs would be a more proper name.
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 lb sausage (your choice)
- 1 raw egg (, beaten)
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- remove shell from hard-boiled eggs.
- cover each egg completely with sausage.
- brush raw egg over each sausage-covered egg.
- roll each covered egg in seasoned fine bread crumbs.
- deep fry until golden brown and sausage is done.
- hint: use a good quality sausage so that it will fry well in oil, otherwise it will separate from egg.