Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for ZWT6, adapted from rampantscotland.com Looks like a delicious, easy weeknight meal!
Make and share this Scottish Deviled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Place chicken in a shallow, oven-proof dish.
- Mix the jam, mustard, cayenne and garlic until smooth.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper and pour over the chicken pieces, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Place the lid on the dish and bake in the oven for one hour.
I made this with what I originally thought was b/s thighs; after defrosting found they were chicken tenders, but was delicious nonetheless. This would be good marinaded in the sauce overnight and then grilled. The sauce was similar to a BBQ but more flavorful! Made for ZWT6 Great Britain.
The flavor of the chicken was excellent! But, just as a warning, I used chicken tenders and the cook time is a little too long for white meat. After an hour they were slightly dry. But that was my change to the recipe, and not a fault of the recipe. As I said, the flavor was wonderful. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, and they turned out very good. This was quick and easy, using things I normally have around the house....a keeper for me. I did use 6 thighs and increased the sauce a bit. DS ate 5 of them himself, and came looking for more!!