Recipe by Mirj
I started making our own supply of Irish Cream a few years ago, but noticed that we never use Irish whiskey, we only have the Scottish stuff in our house, thanks to good friends and Duty Free shopping.
- 236.59 ml light cream (don't use heavy or whipping cream)
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 395.10 ml single malt Scotch whisky
- 4.92 ml instant coffee
- 29.58 ml chocolate syrup (we use Hershey's)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump all the ingredients in a blender and whizz on high for 30 seconds.
- Bottle in a tightly sealed container and keep in the fridge.
- Be sure the shake the bottle well before serving.
- This will keep for up to two months in the fridge.
- Note: Don't use heavy cream, it tends to separate.
- If you can't find light cream, use half and half, or whole milk.