Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I started making our own supply of Irish Cream a few years ago, but noticed that we never use Irish whiskey, we only have the Scottish stuff in our house, thanks to good friends and Duty Free shopping.
- 236.59 ml light cream (don't use heavy or whipping cream)
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 395.10 ml single malt Scotch whisky
- 4.92 ml instant coffee
- 29.58 ml chocolate syrup (we use Hershey's)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- Dump all the ingredients in a blender and whizz on high for 30 seconds.
- Bottle in a tightly sealed container and keep in the fridge.
- Be sure the shake the bottle well before serving.
- This will keep for up to two months in the fridge.
- Note: Don't use heavy cream, it tends to separate.
- If you can't find light cream, use half and half, or whole milk.
Right on! All the amounts add up to pretty perfect Scottish or Irish cream.
best I've tasted
Mirj: Thanks for a great recipe, it took my attention by both the lovely photo AND the fact that Scotch is my DH's drink of choice. Thought this would be differant and it is!! He returns from the Middle East in 2 weeks now and I know this will be a welcome surprise. The taste is smooth and creamy, with just enough of the scotch. It was also a breeze to put together. Trouble is I like it TO much, diffently not low calorie, but oh well!! Mine came out a darker color than your photo, don't know if I put to much chocolate or coffee in it, but the taste is to die for. Wish I could have found the light cream but had to use half and half. Still a winner and something special for those quite evenings when you're wanting something just a little differant.