Recipe by Mirj
I started making our own supply of Irish Cream a few years ago, but noticed that we never use Irish whiskey, we only have the Scottish stuff in our house, thanks to good friends and Duty Free shopping.
- 1 cup light cream (don't use heavy or whipping cream)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups single malt Scotch whisky
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (we use Hershey's)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Dump all the ingredients in a blender and whizz on high for 30 seconds.
- Bottle in a tightly sealed container and keep in the fridge.
- Be sure the shake the bottle well before serving.
- This will keep for up to two months in the fridge.
- Note: Don't use heavy cream, it tends to separate.
- If you can't find light cream, use half and half, or whole milk.