1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 fluid ounces Coke
- 1 cup prunes, very well drained and coarsely chopped or 1/2 cup dried prune
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1In a large bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 2In another bowl, beat with a fork, the egg, shortening, and vanilla extract until well blended; add to the flour mixture.
- 3Add the Coke, prunes, and nuts; blend thoroughly with a spoon.
- 4Turn into a well-greased, lightly floured, 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 5Bake in a preheated, 350°F oven for about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool on a rack for 20 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.
- 7Store in foil overnight before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Coke Bread
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 494.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 7.2 g