1/4 Photos of Scottish Chocolate and Orange Mousse With Whiskey
The most love chocolate mousse. Try this you will not regret it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chocolate, coarsely grated
- 3 very fresh eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 orange, finely grated rind only
- 1Combine chocolate, whisky and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over pan of simmering hot water, stirring until melted.
- 2Remove from the heat and allow cooling slightly.
- 3Beat egg whites to hard peaks.
- 4Beat the yolks with the finely grated orange rind.
- 5Add egg yolk mixture into the cooled chocolate cream, stir.
- 6Fold in the whisked egg whites.
- 7Spoon the mixture into six individual cups or glasses.
- 8Chill in the fridge for at least three hours.
- 9Just before serving, whip the cream for the topping with powdered sugar add the whisky and whip shortly again.
- 10Spoon cream over the mosse, top with orange zest strips and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Chocolate and Orange Mousse With Whiskey
Serving Size: 1 (839 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.5
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 210.9 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 13.5 g