1/1 Photo of Scottish Brown Sugar Shortbread
Fitness Guru's Note:
Very light and flavourful shortbread. This is such a simple recipe you will be surprised that it tastes so yummy. The real trick is using brown sugar and real butter. I have made this with and without the vanilla and I enjoy it either way. This recipe is a staple in my recipe library.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2Cream butter and brown sugar and vannilla (optional).
- 3Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.
- 4Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 5Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Press out shapes or cut into 3x1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 6Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Brown Sugar Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 138.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g