Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very light and flavourful shortbread. This is such a simple recipe you will be surprised that it tastes so yummy. The real trick is using brown sugar and real butter. I have made this with and without the vanilla and I enjoy it either way. This recipe is a staple in my recipe library.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream butter and brown sugar and vannilla (optional).
- Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.
- Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Press out shapes or cut into 3x1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
What's great about this recipe is that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand so when I get a craving for something sweet, I can just whip these up! Thanks so much they were great!
i loved this and i made it for a party and i wasnt sure if anyone would eat it but it was the first dish gone!!!