Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this easy recipe from a friend at work. Since I dislike shrimp, I replace with bite-sized chicken. Either way it is rich and creamy.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked shrimp or 2 cups chicken
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green peppers or 3⁄4 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 12 ounces thousand island dressing
- 6 slices uncooked bacon
- Mix together rice, meat, and vegetables.
- Transfer to 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour dressing over all.
- Place bacon strips on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
We used chicken and brown rice. Did cook bacon before adding(don't like putting raw bacon on food) then chopped bacon and put on top. Great flavors and taste. Will make again. Made for PAC Spring 08.