1/10 Photos of Scott Hibb's Amazing Whiskey Grilled Baby Back Ribs
2 hrs 40 mins
This is really an amazing baby back ribs recipe! I found it about a year ago at another recipe site and have been making it ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (2 lb) baby back rib racks
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground red chili pepper
- 2 1/4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 teaspoons whiskey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon ground red chili pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- 2Cut each full rack of ribs in half, so that you have 4 half racks.
- 3Sprinkle salt and pepper (more pepper than salt), and 1 tablespoon chili pepper over meat.
- 4Wrap each half rack in aluminum foil.
- 5Bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- 6Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 7Cook and stir the onions in oil for 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in water, tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, honey, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 9Season with 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, liquid smoke, whiskey, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, dark molasses, and 1/2 tablespoon ground chili pepper.
- 10Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat.
- 11Simmer for 1 1/4 hours, uncovered, or until sauce thickens.
- 12Remove from heat, and set sauce aside.
- 13Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- 14Remove the ribs from the oven, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 15Remove the racks from the foil, and place on the grill.
- 16Grill the ribs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 17Brush sauce on the ribs while they're grilling, just before you serve them (adding it too early will burn it).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scott Hibb's Amazing Whiskey Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (17380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38680.0
- Calories from Fat 25259
- Total Fat 2806.6 g
- Saturated Fat 992.0 g
- Cholesterol 11823.8 mg
- Sodium 16478.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 3270.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring