Scots pancakes are cooked on a hot griddle and are entirely different from crepes (also known as pancakes in Britain)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the griddle and grease lightly.
- 2Sift all the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- 3Add in the castor sugar, oil, egg and a little milk.
- 4Stir into the flour and add enough milk to make a thick creamy mixture, approximately the consistency of very thick whipping cream.
- 5Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the hot griddle and cook until they bubble on top.
- 6Turn and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- 7While cooking the rest of the mixture store the cooked pancakes between a small folded towel.
- 8Serve the warm pancakes with butter and preserves.
- 9In the unlikely event of there being any left-overs, they should be kept in an air tight container.
Nutritional Facts for Scots Pancakes - a/k/a "Dropped Scones"
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 686.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g