Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
In ND everyone likes bars! These are very addictive. When I first saw them I thought I don't like rice krispies...silly me! I have found if I eat just one I am back to the kitchen sneaking one after another. My kids love them! So I hope you enjoy them!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a heavy sauce pan cook sugar, syrup and butter over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter. In a large bowl mix into the rice krispies until krispies are coated and press firmly into a buttered 9 x 12 inch pan.
- In a double boiler melt butterscotch and chocolate chips until soft and creamy. Then pour and spread over the uncut bars in the pan.
- When they are cool cut into the size bars you like to serve.
- I warn you -- these will make you yearn for more until every last one is gone! :). And consider yourselves lucky cuz it took me nine years to get her recipe! No other Scotcheroos are as good as hers!
- Hugs, Jelly.
My family has been making these for years. They are the "go-to", last minute dessert. Be sure NOT to overcook the sugar and corn syrup or they will harden too much. To those who have never tried these...be prepared. They are so easy and addicting that it's ridiculous!
These are great and very addicting! We placed them in the refrigerator so they the chocolate wouldn't melt in the unseasonably HOT weather we are having. If you do this, you need to set them out for 15 minutes so you can get them out of the dish. Jelly, thanks for posting!!
I made these today using this recipe for the first time and my mom said these were the best scotcheroos she has ever had. We have made these for years with all kinds of recipes but this recipe is the best! Also remember to not overcook the sugar mix because when you don't they won't harden too much and will be much more enjoyable!