Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These super yummy no bake bars are a favorite at every potluck or family event that I make them for. This particular recipe uses brown sugar instead of white which adds delicious flavor and a new twist to a popular recipe.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml white syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml Rice Krispies or 1419.54 ml Special K cereal
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 170.09 g butterscotch chips
- In saucepan, bring brown sugar, syrup, and vanilla to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- In large bowl mix cereal and sugar mixture together.
- Press into a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together.
- Spread evenly over cereal.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until firm.
- Cut into bars.
My Grandmother Alice use to make these-thanks for sharing!