1/1 Photo of Scotcheroos
run for your life's Note:
This is my mom's recipe. What's different about how I make it is the method not the ingredients. Using the microwave is key to not overcooking! I get requests to make these all the time and am consistently told that these are the best scotcharoos people have ever had. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl mix sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup.
- 2Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Check every 30 sec. after 2 minutes. Mixture is done when it starts to boil.
- 3Stir in rice krispies until well coated.
- 4Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- 5Spread evenly in pan.
- 6Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in microwave on high for 1-2 minutes (watch carefully and stir every 30 seconds - do not overcook!).
- 7Spread chocolate sauce over rice krispies.
- 8Allow to cool (may even put in fridge or freezer for a few minutes) and cover.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scotcheroos
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g