Recipe by run for your life
This is my mom's recipe. What's different about how I make it is the method not the ingredients. Using the microwave is key to not overcooking! I get requests to make these all the time and am consistently told that these are the best scotcharoos people have ever had. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 6 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (nestle is best in my opinion)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Check every 30 sec. after 2 minutes. Mixture is done when it starts to boil.
- Stir in rice krispies until well coated.
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in microwave on high for 1-2 minutes (watch carefully and stir every 30 seconds - do not overcook!).
- Spread chocolate sauce over rice krispies.
- Allow to cool (may even put in fridge or freezer for a few minutes) and cover.