Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is somewhat of an original to the Rice Krispie Treats only w/o marshmallows. Same great taste and of course the melted chocolate on top is optional.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 -7 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- Boil for 3 minutes the sugar and corn syrup.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and Rice Krispies.
- Spread into a sprayed 9x13 cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together and blend well.
- Spread on top of the Rice Krispies mixture.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Very delicious! Easy, easy, to make, too - gotta love that. I used 8oz of peanut butter chips and 8oz of white chocolate for the topping - I was inspired by the Reese's White Chocolate cups, and wasn't dissappointed by the combination - Yum! Thanks, CoffeeB! Made for Veg*n Swap 12.
AWESOME recipe. I made a half a batch which fit perfectly in a 8x8 baking dish. I subbed Splenda for the sugar (which was undetectable in the final product) and used light corn syrup. So easy to make! To decrease the calories a little further, I simply drizzled some chocolate and butterscotch on the top. SO excellent. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Recipenap for Veg*n Swap July 2009.
My DH has been smiling from ear to ear since he saw me making this tasty little treat! As soon as he took the first bite he said "10 STARS, Dear!" This is a winner! I love that I don't have to worry about having mashmallows! I did use organic honey in place of the corn syrup, otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks CB! Delicious treat! Made for Every Day is a Holiday!