Recipe by CoffeeB
This is somewhat of an original to the Rice Krispie Treats only w/o marshmallows. Same great taste and of course the melted chocolate on top is optional.
Top Review by Katzen
Very delicious! Easy, easy, to make, too - gotta love that. I used 8oz of peanut butter chips and 8oz of white chocolate for the topping - I was inspired by the Reese's White Chocolate cups, and wasn't dissappointed by the combination - Yum! Thanks, CoffeeB! Made for Veg*n Swap 12.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 -7 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil for 3 minutes the sugar and corn syrup.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and Rice Krispies.
- Spread into a sprayed 9x13 cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together and blend well.
- Spread on top of the Rice Krispies mixture.
- Cool completely before cutting.