Recipe by cArEbEaR1967
A sweeter version to grandma's rice krispie cookies!
Top Review by Lise in Indiana
A long-time family favorite - quick and inexpensive to make. I often sneak an extra cup of cereal into the mix. I also melt the chips in a heavy-duty zip-loc bag (in the microwave), knead the bag to mix, and snip a corner to drizzle on the chocolate/butterscotch rather than spreading on a thick layer. Thanks for posting this - now I'll always know where to find it!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml Karo light corn syrup
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml Rice Krispies
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and karo in large pan over medium heat, bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and krispies, mix well.
- Press into a 13x9x2 greased pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in a double-boiler. Pour immediately over krispie mixture, spreading evenly.
- Allow cookies to chill before cutting, approx 1 hours.