Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweeter version to grandma's rice krispie cookies!
Make and share this Scotcheroos recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the sugar and karo in large pan over medium heat, bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and krispies, mix well.
- Press into a 13x9x2 greased pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in a double-boiler. Pour immediately over krispie mixture, spreading evenly.
- Allow cookies to chill before cutting, approx 1 hours.
A long-time family favorite - quick and inexpensive to make. I often sneak an extra cup of cereal into the mix. I also melt the chips in a heavy-duty zip-loc bag (in the microwave), knead the bag to mix, and snip a corner to drizzle on the chocolate/butterscotch rather than spreading on a thick layer. Thanks for posting this - now I'll always know where to find it!
Excellent bars!!! I have been making these for years and they are just the best ever. The only problem is I could eat the whole pan by myself. We will be continuing to make them. Thanks for posting.
These taste delicious and they turned out perfect. They were very gooey and tasted just like I remembered. Thanks for posting!!