Recipe by Elizabeth H.
One of the most decadent chocolate treats ever! Perfect for potlucks and classroom parties. So easy, the kids can make it! Tested at high altitude.
Top Review by LAURIE
Elizabeth...this was my next recipe to post but you beat me to it!!!! My all time favorite since I was in grade school and that was a long time ago. lol To save clean up I boil syrup and sugar in large dutch oven, then leave it on the stove but turn the heat off to stir in peanut butter and rice krispies. It seems to melt smoother and makes a more chewier bar. Make sure to only boil for 1 minute or bars will be rock hard and you want chewy ones. Love em!!!!!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml white corn syrup
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml Rice Krispies
- 473.18 ml chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and syrup in heavy saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Pour syrup mixture over Rice Krispies in large mixing bowl.
- Caution, syrup mixture will be hot!
- Mix thoroughly with wooden spoon.
- Press into greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together over low heat or in double boiler.
- Stir well.
- Pour melted chips over Krispies.
- Spread evenly.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into 1" squares.