Prep 4 hrs 9 mins
Cook 0 mins
For World Tour II - England. Prep time includes standing time (4-6 hours) Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1986)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, strained
- 1⁄4 cup Scotch whisky
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- berries, garnish
- In a large measuring cup or bowl combine first 3 ingredients (lemon juice - lemon peel). Cover and let stand at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Stir sugar into mixture.
- Beat cream in a separate bowl and gradually add Scotch mixture, beating until soft peaks form.
- To serve: spoon into goblets and garnish with berries.
Wonderful Ellie! A different syllabub to what I normally make - but very nice! Mine did not fluff up enough as I wanted it too.....so I added some cream, as well as a sliced strawberry to give it height! A light and naughty dessert! Thanks! FT:-)
Lovely flavour and such an easy recipe - served with strawberries.