Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe developed for ZWT6 to reflect the flavor of Great Britain. As a scotch lover, I had to find a way to incorporate it into my marinade :) This works best with a single malt rather than a milder blend. Cheers!
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used low fat with great results)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (approx 2 small lemons)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces (Pacific Northwest Wild King is supposedly the best per my fish monger)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 tablespoons scotch whiskey
- 4 pieces aluminum foil (to make grill packets)
- Preheat grill to high .
- Whisk together the first five ingredients.
- Place each piece of salmon, skin down, on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Slather on 1/4 of the mustard/mayo mixture on each piece of salmon, then top each with some slices of lemon and finally pour 1 T of Scotch Whiskey over each piece of fish.
- Close up the foil packets tightly and place on grill, close the lid and DECREASE heat of grill to MEDIUM (about 350 degrees). Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until desired doneness (some like theirs medium rare and others like their well-done. . .totally up to you).
- NOTE: I cooked my fish, skin removed, in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes which worked perfectly as well.
- Remove fish from the packets and serve with a garnish of dill.
The dill overpowered the whiskey, which could be a plus o minus depending on what the maker wants. ZWT6