1 hr 15 mins
Traditional Scottish recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the chicken pieces; pat dry with paper toweling.
- 2Season with salt and pepper (or other seasonings, to taste).
- 3In skillet, brown chicken in butter for 15 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- 4Add 8 oz.
- 5whisky to skillet, and then cover and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 6Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- 7----ToPrepare Sauce----.
- 8Skim fat from pan juices.
- 9Add enough water to juices, if necessary, to measure 2/3 cup liquid.
- 10Return to skillet and stir in mushrooms and green onions.
- 11Cook and stir just until onions are tender.
- 12Combine cream and flour, and then add to mixture in skillet.
- 13Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- 14Cook and stir one minute more.
- 15Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and 2 teaspoons whisky.
- 16Spoon over chicken.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scotch Whiskey Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.6
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 283.8 mg
- Sodium 288.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 80.4 g