Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom has made this for years. It is delicious. Tender and buttery.
Make and share this Scotch Shortbread (Uses Rice Flour and Berry Sugar) recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter slightly.
- Blend berry sugar into slightly creamed butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour and rice flour.
- Mix about 2 cups of the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Knead the other 2 cups of flour mixture inches.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured board, making dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into circles or shapes of your choices.
- Bake at 275 until very lightly golden brown.
- (Baking time will vary depending on oven. Probably between 20-30 minutes).
The very best shortbread and amazed this has not been reviewed. My mum used this recipe and I do too - always turns out. The combination of berry sugar (very fine sugar) and the rice flour is the key to the texture and taste. Highly recommend this recipe if directions are followed as written. Thanks and thanks again for putting this in print.