Recipe by Chocolatl
This is an old recipe from the American Woman's Cookbook, originally published in 1938. It was my dad's favorite cookie. Time includes chilling time.
Top Review by I'mPat
I got 50 little star cokies from the mix. I put the mix in the fridge but when I got it out it was too stiff to roll so I had to knead till it became pliable. I baked them in 3 batches (2 x 25 and 1 x10), the first batch I put into a 160C fan forced oven for 15 minutes and they came out slightly overcooked, the second batch I lowered the oven to 150C and thought I put the timer on for 10 minutes but it didn't go off and 25 minutes later ahhhhh well and truly browned so for the 3rd I watched like a dog and 10 minutes were perfection. The DM tried one from each batch and thought they were all good and were buttery but the more cooked ones were a bit dry, so will be making again in the future but keeping a much closer eye on that timer. Thank you Chocolatt, made for Please Review this Recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour.
- Wrap dough and chill for about 1 hour, or until firm enough to roll out.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured board.
- Cut out cookies.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges.