Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I acquired this recipe from my friend Jan-Maree. It is a softer style of shortbread.
- 250 g butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- extra plain flour, for rolling.
- Adjust your oven shelves for biscuit/cookie baking.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degress F.
- Lightly grease your biscuit/cookie trays.
- Sift together the pinch of salt, 2 dessertspoons of cornflour and 2 cups of plain flour to make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Cream the 250 grams butter and 1 cup sifted icing sugar until light in colour and fluffy.
- Do not over beat.
- Gradually add the sifted ingredients to the creamed butter and icing sugar mix.
- You may want to fold the last bit of the sifted ingredients in by hand.
- Turn mixture out onto a floured board.
- Flour your hands and roll mixture into a long roll about 14 to 16 inches long.
- Slice the roll into about approximately 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place on the trays and bake until golden brown.
- Cool and place in an air tight tin.